Baup focused on football
Following claims of alleged fraud for gaining unemployment benefits, Marseille head coach Elie Baup says he's concentrating on the next opponent.
The Ligue 1 heavyweights earned a first-up 1-0 win over Reims last Sunday and despite his own personal distractions, Baup is eager to welcome Sochaux to Marseille's iconic Stade Velodrome on Sunday.
Before being appointed Marseille manager in July, the 57-year-old had been out of work since 2009 following his dismissal as head coach of Nantes and was charged in July with making fraudulent claims for unemployment benefits.
"Yes, these kind of things could happen even to the best of us guys," Baup said before quickly changing the subject.
"You know, since Tuesday we have been ready for this game, against Sochaux.
"We just want to compete, after, it's more personal, something we feel when we enter in the stadium, you know it's a magical stadium, it can't be described before, you have to live it."
Meanwhile, Rennes head coach Frederic Antonetti says he's determined to put last season's poor finish behind him, as his team prepare to face Bordeaux on Sunday.
Rennes lost three of their last four games last season to finish sixth in the table but Antonetti says he is not concerned with the past, and is completely focussed on the match at the Stade Jaques Chaban-Delmas.
"We can't think about the past, we have to live in the present," Antonetti said.
"We had a bad finish and we faced the consequences. It's a shame but that's just how it is.
"So now we have to accept the difficulties. They come one after another. And it is not over because the transfer window isn't closed and there can be some big surprises.
"I think Bordeaux have got more going on than us, at least this season. This year, we're waiting for stuff to happen. Bordeaux are nearly in the top half and we are down at the bottom. So we have to talk about things as they are."